The Sports Merchandising course is an 8-week long program that provides individuals with the experience, skills, and strategies needed to launch a sports merchandising career. Students will be taught the fundamentals of licensing, distribution channels, the financial dimensions and much more. This is a unique program that is hard to find anywhere else creating well-rounded sport management individuals.
In this 8-week course, you will learn about the following:
- Technological changes within the industry
- Extreme Sports (inline skating, skateboarding, snowboarding)
- Fitness (all types)
- Individual Sports (badminton, bowling, boxing, golf)
- Indoor Games (billiards, darts, table tennis)
- Sports Goods (Equipment, Footwear, Apparel)
- Distribution Channels (Consumer Retail, Online, Team Dealers, Distributors)
- Factors Influencing Retailing Preferences
- Sports Marketing: Licensing, Endorsement, and Sponsorship
- Broadcast and Print Advertisement and Market Research
- Financial Dimensions: Sales Trends & Profitability
- E-Commerce: Vendors, Brick & Motor Retailers
Sports Merchandising Course
David graduated from Robert Morris University with a degree in Sport Management. While at college he worked in the Athletic Department as a student assistant for three years. He also worked for the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club in the ticketing and marketing department. After completing an internship with the New Jersey Devils Hockey Club he was hired as a staff assistant for the organization. David has been promoted from Merchandise Assistant, Merchandise Manager, and Director of Merchandise to current title of Senior Director of Merchandise. He has also been the head of the New Jersey Nets merchandise for two seasons.
David was also a part-time Sport Management instructor at Gibbs College in New Jersey. He has been the leading contributor and leader with the Robert Morris University Sport Management Alumni efforts by contributing to the Sports Management Bottom Line newsletter, and serving as a founding member of the RMU Sport Management Alumni Group.
In 2009 he was inducted into Robert Morris University Sport Management Hall of Fame. Dave obtained his MBA in Marketing from Fairleigh Dickenson University.
- Potential Careers for Sports Merchandisers
- Brand Apparel and Merchandise Development
- Retail Sales
- Equipment and Apparel Sales Rep
- Marketing and Promotions for Sports Teams
- Marketing Director
- Merchandise and Price Associate
- Merchandise Planner
- Merchandise Analyst
- Product Presentation Specialist
For more information:
Special offer expires soon-Regular Price $697
Special Offer – Purchase this course now for only $497
Contact us about various financing options